Blues' new boss aims to emulate the impact of Roberto Di Matteo and Guus Hiddin(2023)

Frank Lampard is looking to Kovacic

Mateo Kovacic has urged Chelsea players to rally behind Frank Lampard after returning to training following Graham Potter's sacking. Chelsea are having a tough season with an underperforming squad and as a result Graham Potter has been sacked after 7 months of training with the Blues and Lampard is now in charge, the club announced on Thursday. Lampard's first game against Wolves is on Saturday, then the Reds travel to Spain to take on Real Madrid before returning to London for their second-half home game against Brighton on April 15.


GET OFFER


Kovacic told Sky Sports: "We know Lampard, he was our manager so it's good that he's back and trying to change our season because he wasn't good." He had a short meeting, he explained to us what he wants and what he wants at the end of the season, so now we have a chance to move up the table as much as possible."




"We have two great games against Real Madrid (in the quarterfinals of the Champions League) so there is a chance and if there is a chance to end the season well then we have to do it." He came very relaxed with a clear idea of ​​what he expects from us, but there is only one day left, so in the next few days we will see what he will ask us on the pitch and how we will prepare. "It's hard to say how things will go from now on but he's back and we want to do our best for the club."






 Frank Lampard is looking to emulate the influence of former interim managers Roberto Di Matteo and Guus Hiddink as he begins his tenure as Chelsea interim boss.

Saturday 08 April
WOL 07:00 CHE Lampard played in midfield for Chelsea when Di Matteo took over in March 2012 and won both the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup that season. Also played at Stamford Bridge as Hiddink took over the final months of the 2008/09 season and won the FA Cup See: How are the returning managers doing? I'm cheering for the team in the quarterfinals of the Champions League where they face Real Madrid and finish 11th.





“I saw how Robbie [Di Matteo] influenced the band. Gus [Hiddink] had great personal connections, great footballers. I would be stupid if I didn't base myself on the things that I think are good.

“This is my club. [I have] a lot of emotional feelings for the club.I know there is a lot of talent in this team. I am happy to work with this talent and to help them. That's why I'm here.





"I have a huge belief in [the players] and I'll tell them that. Modern-day football has big squads and I understand Chelsea might be at the top end. I remember being here before and having that. "


Lampard, Chelsea's record goalscorer as a player, replaces Graham Potter for the final two months of the season after an approach from Chelsea's co-sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley that he did not see coming.




"Obviously it was a surprise [to have the phone]," she said. "When I spoke to Paul and Laurence over the last 24 to 48 hours they described to me what it's like now. That's the decision I made.

As for the reception he got from the Chelsea Fans can expect Lampard was optimistic








"I'm very thankful for those who are happy," he said."If there's anyone who isn't thrilled, let them know that I will do everything in my power to give them a team to be proud of."





"I have an idea where I want to go To instill the highest level of confidence in the group so they can show and show a level of passion and energy in their game.




“We want to win as many games as possible. Big games are ahead of us."



Post a Comment

0 Comments